A downloadable game
A Reprogrammable World
Currently in alpha, Glitchspace is a first person puzzle platformer that's centred around a visual programming mechanic. Stretch and scale objects to make a bridge, apply a force to objects, bouncing you up to high places, use your programming gun to fire code at objects, changing their physical properties in the game world!
Set in a cyberspace world, you are trying to find a place known as Glitchspace - a by-product of cyberspace and its various glitches. A world that would allow for infinite possibilities, and access across all systems in cyberspace through exploitation.
Through problem solving, it's up to you how you approach the in-game challenges; find glitches in the cyberspace world, and exploit them in various different ways, allowing for an emergent play experience.
Glitchspace is available on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, and was developed with the Oculus Rift in mind. (Although the Rift is not necessary to play).
- Reprogram Your World! - Use the Null visual programming interface to reprogram your environment through the programs you craft!
- Reprogram Your Tool! - Modify and enhance Null through the functions you uncover, allowing you to create and fire programs into the cyberspace world!
- A Programming Experience - Become a programmer, learning programming concepts along the way through thought-provoking and engaging gameplay.
- Story Mode - Discover the secrets of the cyberspace world of Glitchspace by finding glitches and exploiting them.
- Sandbox Mode - Craft programs to your hearts content in Sandbox Mode, developing fiendishly complex structures. A [Re]programmable playground that you control!
- Rift support includes DK1 & DK2!
- Purchasing the alpha will entitle you to all updates through to the full release!
- Steam key is available with each purchase!
- Our aim is to release the full game in 2015.
For all those interested in following development (please do!) and the future direction of Glitchspace, check out our new site:
This will be used for posting weekly development updates, allowing you to get a behind the scenes look at what we do. We also have a newsletter which you can subscribe to listed there as well for progress to be sent directly to you! You can find more "real-time," updates on our social media links; so do get following and liking:
Alpha 1.82 introduces the following features/fixes:
- Fixed crash on start-up for Linux 64 bit machines
- Fixed programming window closing instantly on Linux
- Fixed issue with puzzle two being solved on load (sorry about that!)
- "Glitchspace could become one of the more inventive puzzle games to arrive on the PC in some time."
- Brett Todd, Gamespot
- "Unique, bewildering & promising."
- Jeffrey Matulef, Eurogamer
- "Like force powers meets portal, then, only with programming."
- Luke Plunkett, Kotaku
- " As someone with the programming knowledge of a log this is immediately challenging stuff, even if at first you can only make very minor changes. But then, it's all the more satisfying to make a platform bouncy when it wasn't before."
- John Walker, Rock Paper Shotgun
- "Glitchspace is a constantly evolving world within cyberspace filled with glitches you need to overcome."
- Liat Clark, Wired
- "...a sharp, minimalist action adventure which teaches key programming techniques through physics puzzles."
- Keith Stuart, The Guardian
- "GDC Experimental Gameplay Workshop 2014 Official Selectee"
- "National Museum of Scotland - Game Masters Exhibit Official Selectee"
If you are a member of the press and would like more information on Glitchspace, our presskit can be found here.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. Your purchase comes with a Steam key. You will get access to the following files: