Glitchspace (Alpha 1.6)
Glitchspace is a first person programming game that's centred around a visual programming mechanic.
Set in a cyberspace world, you are trying to find a place known as Glitchspace - a by-product of cyberspace and its various glitches. A world that would allow for infinite possibilities, and access across all systems in cyberspace through exploitation.
Through problem solving, it's up to you how you approach the in-game challenges; find glitches in the cyberspace world, and exploit them in various different ways, allowing for a emergent play experience.
We created a node-based programming system for Glitchspace, called Null. Null allows for chunks of functionality to be applied to objects with ease, and makes the programming a visual, dynamic, and instantaneous feature.
Objects in Glitchspace are either programmable, or non-programmable. You can make an object programmable through decryption using a decrypter, and similarly you can make it non-programmable through encryption using an encrypter.
For each programmable object, a canvas can be brought up, and function nodes can be added to it upon the canvas. These function nodes have input and output connections, and can be connected to each other to create functional code that does something to the object, to another object it references, or to totally new objects it creates!
Here are some example programs you could make:
- Apply a force to an object, moving it out of the way.
- Scale an object down to make it the correct height for jumping on.
- Duplicate and move an object to create stairs, or floating platforms.
- Make an object have no collisions to pass through it.
- Change the physical properties of an object.
- Make an object move when you touch another object.
- Replicate the functionality of the Portal, and Gravity gun.
Objects that are decrypted will have a default program applied, and a specific set of function nodes for you to edit the program. This will depend upon the decrypter used.
In the sandbox mode, all functions are available to you, allowing you to play around with all that is possible!
Glitchspace is available on Windows, Linux and Mac OS X, and was developed with the Oculus Rift in mind. (Although the Rift is not necessary to play).
- Currently in alpha, the game will be completed in Q2.
- The full game will feature a 2-3 hours long story mode, and a sandbox mode.
- With lots of secret areas, and various different ways of solving puzzles, there should be a ton of replay value!
- Purchasing the alpha will entitle you to all updates through to full release!
- If we get Greenlit, we will give Steam codes to all who have purchased elsewhere.
Greenlight page: http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/...
Note - Rift support is not currently active in the current build, but will be active in a later one.
In order to download this game you must purchase it at or above the minimum price of $9.99 USD. You will get access to the following files: